Woods Rallies from Four Shots Back to Win his Second Dubai Desert Classic
Tiger Woods’ captivating winning performance at the Dubai Desert Classic could be a sign of things to come in 2008, which is continued Tiger Woods domination. Already, Woods has won his last four official PGA Tour events and six of his last seven dating to the 2007 Bridgestone Invitational in August. Woods also won his unofficial Target World Challenge by seven shots in December. His Dubai Desert Classic victory represents the first international win by a member of Nike Golf’s Tour staff in 2008, and third overall. With the immediate success enjoyed by Nike Golf’s Tour staff early in the PGA Tour season, Nike Golf is well on track to potentially repeat the PGA Tour dominance it had in 2006 and 2007, when it captured the most driver, irons and fairway wood wins.
Adding to the success of its equipment, Nike Golf’s new ONE balls are making a powerful statement on the PGA Tour. Woods used Nike’s new ONE Platinum ball at the Dubai Desert Classic, and so far, he has a perfect 3-0 record with the new ball. Nike Golf’s Tour staff member K.J. Choi also used the ONE Platinum ball for his victory at the Sony Open last month, when he averaged 307 yards in driving distance. The new Nike ONE Platinum and ONE Black balls both feature Nike’s Power Transfer Technology that promotes increased distance in metal woods, long irons and off center hits.
Woods’ Dubai Desert Classic Highlights
– Woods birdied his last two holes Sunday to rally from four-shot deficit and win.
– Woods birdied five of his last seven holes for a final round score of 7-under, 65.
– It’s the third time Woods has started the season with two straight victories.
– It was his second Dubai Desert Classic victory.
– Woods is 3 for 3 with new Nike ONE Platinum Ball.
Woods’ Nike Golf Arsenal
– Driver: Nike SQ Tour
– Irons: Nike Blades (3-PW)
– Wedges: Nike Pro Combo 56˚ and Nike SV 60˚
– Fairway Wood: Nike SUMO 15˚ and Nike SUMO 19˚
– Ball: New Nike ONE Platinum featuring Nike Power Transfer Technology
– Footwear: Air Tour TW 8.5
– Apparel: Nike Golf Tiger Woods Collection Apparel
– Glove: Nike Golf’s Dri-FIT Tour