All-new Limit Dimension drivers generate more ball speed and power across entire clubface
CARLSBAD, CA. Cobra Golf takes Limit Dimension technology to another dimension with the introduction of the all-new 2008 King Cobra Speed LD Drivers and Fairway Metals. Engineered to the USGA limit on clubhead length and width regulations, the new Speed LD Driver is the longest, straightest and most forgiving all-titanium driver Cobra has ever offered.
"The new Speed LD Drivers deliver a higher level of power and accuracy through an all-new clubhead design that features a lower Center of Gravity and higher Moment of Inertia," said Jeff Harmet, President, Cobra Golf and Titleist Clubs. "Frequency Tuning has also been incorporated into the new head design to promote a clear, crisp sound that is pleasing to all golfers."
"We designed the Frequency Tuning ribs to an exact geometry, orientation and curvature to optimize the sound of the 2008 Speed LD Drivers," said Scott Rice, Director of Research and Development, Cobra Golf. "Along with optimizing sound, we moved the CG lower and deeper and increased the MOI to over 5,000 by maximizing clubhead length and width dimensions. We also utilized design features like the Fastback Crown and Dual Rhombus face insert to maximize ball speed across the face for longer, straighter drives."
SPEED LD DRIVER TECHNOLOGY
With an inertia value exceeding 5,000, the new Speed LD Drivers have the highest MOI ever achieved in an all-titanium Cobra driver. They also feature a large face with a Milled Dual Rhombus Face Insert for maximum forgiveness and ball speed across the face. Speed LD Drivers include the exclusive Speed Tuning technology, which optimizes ball speeds for all player types.
Available in F/Speed and M/Speed Straight Neck, Offset, Seniors' and Women's models, Speed LD Drivers begin shipping on March 7 with a suggested retail price of $375.
· By taking the club head dimensions to the USGA limits of 5" by <5", Cobra engineers pushed the CG even lower and deeper, further increasing the MOI to 5,000+ for incredibly long, straight drives.
Enhanced Fastback Crown and Deep Dimples
· Increasing the crown slope and deepening the dimples moves the CG lower and deeper. The result is an increased MOI and high launch, generating greater distance.
Large Face with Milled Dual Rhombus Face Insert
· The Speed LD face utilizes a Dual Rhombus Face Insert technology to maximize COR. These technologies provide the ultimate in ball speed and distance.
· New Speed LD Drivers feature internal Frequency Tuning for the perfect combination of satisfying sound and power.
SPEED LD FAIRWAY TECHNOLOGY
Inspired by the new Speed LD Drivers, the 2008 Speed LD Fairway Metals feature a deeper CG for longer, more accurate shots. The shallow face and re-engineered head shape promote high trajectory and increased forgiveness, with a lower CG and higher MOI.
· Increased Crown Slope with Deeper Dimples: The deeper profile design moves the CG lower and further back, yielding a high launch along with high MOI, for increased forgiveness.
· Shallow Face Design: Provides high trajectory and forgiveness.
Speed LD Fairways will begin shipping on March 6 with a suggested retail price of $225.
Every player and every game is different. Thus, finding the right driver can make all the difference. To tap into every player's full potential, Cobra has developed a driver for every player's game – based on average ball speed, swing speed and driving distance. Matching ball speeds to a driver tuned specifically to each player's needs will optimize distance, accuracy and overall performance.
Speed Tuned Clubhead, Shaft and Grip: Each X, F and M clubhead and shaft is designed to be perfectly balanced with one another, generating a Speed Tuned club system that promotes optimal ball speed. And there's no such thing as a small detail at Cobra. By using subtle changes to the thickness and design of each X, F and M grip, our engineers have further optimized club weighting to maximize ball speed.