Nike Golf’s First Victory Red Irons Win is in the Books
The momentum for Nike Golf continues to soar as it stacks up one win on the Japan Golf Tour and one Nationwide Tour win over the weekend. Nike Golf athletes Toyokazu Fujishima and Brendon Todd both had their first Tour wins on the Japan Golf Tour and Nationwide Tour, respectively.
About Toyokazu Fujishima’s Win
Nike Golf athlete Toyokazu Fujishima superbly saved par from a tough greenside bunker in the first extra hole Sunday to win the Fujisankei Classic for his first career victory on the Japan Golf Tour. It was Fujishimas’s first time putting the Victory Red Forged Split Cavity irons into play after only a month of testing with these irons. These new premium line of Tour-inspired irons have a similar soft feel and high trajectory as the muscle back iron. Fujishima commented on the Victory Red Forged Split Cavity irons, “The feel of this club is just great. The follow through is great and the trajectory is consistent. It is just as I imagine myself hitting. Also the face and back look cool, I really like this iron.”
About Brendon Todd’s Win
Brendon Todd dominated the Utah Classic this weekend by winning his first Nationwide Tour event by six strokes. Todd averaged 291-yard drives with his Nike SQ Sumo 5000 driver and finished the weekend tied for fifth in Driving Accuracy (75%). The winning combination of the SQ family of drivers and Nike ONE ball proved victorious for Todd having posted a new tournament record score of a 22-under-par, 262. Using Nike’s CCI Forged irons, Todd displayed pin-seeking accuracy by finishing tied for third in Greens in Regulation (81.9%). Todd, who is currently among the top 25 in money rankings on the Nationwide Tour, is a likely candidate to advance to the PGA Tour.
Fujishima’s Fujisankei Classic Highlights
· Fujishima started off with a course record tie of 64.
· This is the first tour event that Fujishima used the new Victory Red Forged Split Cavity irons
since he started testing them last month.
· Fujishima led the tournament after each of the first two rounds.
· Averaged 302-yard drives using Nike’s SQ SUMO 5000 driver and Nike ONE Black ball.
· This is Fujishima’s first win on the Japan Golf Tour.
Fujishima’s Nike Golf Arsenal
· Driver: Nike SQ SUMO 5000
· Fairway Woods: Nike SQ2 15-degree, Nike SQ2 19-degree; Nike T40 17-degree
· Irons: Nike Victory Red Forged Split Cavity (4-PW)
· Wedges: Nike SV Tour 52 and 58-degree
· Ball: Nike ONE Black
· Footwear: Nike Air Zoom Elite
· Apparel: Nike Golf Fall/Holiday 08 Tour Collection
· Glove: Nike Golf’s Elite Feel
Todd’s Utah Classic Championship Highlights
· Todd won for the first time on the Nationwide Tour.
· Todd shot a tournament record 22-under 262, winning by six strokes, the second-largest
winning margin this year.
· Todd moved up to 15th on the Nationwide Tour money list.
· Todd averaged 291.4-yard drives using Nike’s SQ SUMO 5000 driver and Nike ONE Black ball.
· Todd finished T3 in Greens-in-Regulation with an 81.9% percent GIR record for the tournament.