BEAVERTON, Ore. (October 28, 2008)- Nike Golf's Slingshot family, a multiple award-winner for it's game improvement technology in its irons, continues on the path of technological advancement with the introduction of the Slingshot HL (High Launch) Mixed Set for men and women.
Available on November 1, 2008, Nike Golf is bringing hybrids and irons together and modifying four key areas of club head design to optimize performance. In the hybrids of the Slingshot HL Mixed Set, the areas of modification include the slingback design; low and deep profile; keel sole; and increased offset. The irons of the new Slingshot HL Mixed Set have modified the slingback design; variable sole width; progressive offset; and club head profile.
As in Nike Golf's previous Slingshot iron introductions, both the hybrids and irons that make up the new Slingshot HL Mixed Set feature Nike's distinctive Slingback design. In the men's and women's hybrids (#3, #4, #5), the Slingback bar positions the weight further back increasing the Moment of Inertia (MOI) and providing stability. In the men's irons (#6 – PW), the Slingback design is positioned strategically in each club to achieve the desired ball flight. In the women's hybrid/iron set, the Slingshot HL utilizes an ultralight shaft from UST and a Nike proprietary Winn grip for the ultimate in comfort and vibration absorption.
More Features and Benefits for Men and Women's Models
Slingshot HL Mixed Set – Hybrids (#3, #4, #5)
– Low and Deep Profile – Weight is strategically positioned low and back making it easier to get the ball airborne.
– Keel Sole – The keel sole design increases the playability from the fairway and the rough.
– Increased Offset – Increases the opportunity to square the hybrid at contact for straighter golf shots.
Slingshot HL Mixed Set – Irons (#6 – PW)
– Variable Sole Width – Narrows progressively throughout the set (mid irons are wider for higher launch; short irons are thinner to provide greater control).
– Progressive Offset – Greater offset in the mid irons help square the clubface for straighter shots. Minimal offset in the short irons increase shot making control.
– Club Head Profile: Elongated profile in the mid irons increases MOI for stability on off-center hits.
The Slingshot HL Women's set feature distinctive characteristics with its unique and elegant houndstooth pattern on the irons shaft and head. This houndstooth design is harmonious with the popular design highlighted in several of Nike Golf's women's apparel and accessories.
Availability: November 1, 2008 at golf shops and specialty stores nationwide.
Men's and Women's Right and Left Hand: Hybrids #3, #4, #5 (19˚, 23˚, 26˚) Steel S/R MSRP: $699.99; Graphite S/R/A/W MSRP: $799.99