Tiger Woods energized the crowds at the Memorial Tournament with his thrilling come-from-behind rally that led him to his 20th career final round comeback, 67th career victory and fourth Memorial Tournament title.
One of the most notable statistics of the tournament was Woods' driving performance. After switching from a 9.5-degree to a 10.5-degree loft in his Nike SQ DYMO driver, Woods was able to better control his ball flight, hitting 49 out of 56 fairways during the week. The winning combination of his Nike SQ DYMO driver and Nike ONE Tour ball represents his most accurate week in driving rounds since the 1998 Masters.
"I went with a little more loft, 10 Degree (it was a 10.5 degree that had an effective loft of 10-degrees). As my release has changed over time with Hank, I needed a little more loft to get the ball in the air, little more spin. I'm still hitting it just as far but probably a different way," said Woods. He did not miss a fairway in the final round.
Woods' impressive driving accuracy set him up well for his iron shots. He ranked tied for third in greens in regulation using the Nike Blades. Rounding out his arsenal of Nike equipment were his Nike SQ 2 13-degree and SQ 2 19-degree fairway woods; his 56-degree Nike Victory Red (VR) and 60-degree Nike SV wedge. For Woods' apparel and footwear, he featured Nike Golf's Tiger Woods Collection and his Nike Air Zoom TW 2009 footwear.
Woods' Memorial Tournament Highlights and Other Notes
· Ranked second in driving accuracy.
· Tied for third in Greens in Regulation (73.6%).
· This victory is Woods 20th career final round comeback.
· Woods is a four-time winner of The Memorial Tournament.
· Woods ranked tied for 12th in driving distance with a 298.2-yard average.
· Hitting 49 of 56 fairways during the tournament, Woods ranked second in driving accuracy (87.5%).
· Woods has 67 career victories.
Woods' Nike Golf Arsenal
· Driver: Nike SQ DYMO
· Irons: Nike Blades (3-PW)
· Fairway Woods: Nike SQ2 3 wood (13 degree) and 5 wood (19 degree)
· Wedges: Nike Victory Red 56 degree and Nike SV 60 degree
· Ball: Nike ONE Tour
· Footwear: Nike Air Zoom TW 2009
· Apparel: Nike Golf Tiger Woods Collection