What You Need To Know:
· Day’s win with the R15 driver is the 13th for TaylorMade Drivers in the full calendar 2014-15 PGA TOUR season (fifth for the R15). Day plays his R15 460 driver at 10.5* (set to lower) with a Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 70x shaft. He has his weights centred for maximum distance. He averaged over 330 yards off the tee this week.
· With 70 (44.9% of the field), TaylorMade had more than double the amount of drivers in play than the next closest manufacturer.
· Day’s victory is the fourth for TaylorMade’s new Tour Preferred EF wedge. He recently switched to a 47*, 52* & 60* combination in the Tour Grind after previously playing the ATV Grind.
· After playing the RSi 2 through the season’s first Major, Day switched into the RSi TP irons, which he recently re-shafted with True Temper’s Dynamic Gold X7 shafts.
· Day plays the Tour Preferred X ball with the number 87; the year he was born. Long off the tee with superior greenside spin, Tour Preferred balls deliver unrivaled performance.
· Day wears adidas Golf’s adipower Boost footwear, the first golf shoe with the cushioning, responsiveness and energy return of Boost foam technology.
In Day’s Winning Bag:
Driver: R15 460 10.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 70x)
Fairway: AeroBurner HL – 16.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 80x)
Irons: RSi TP – 3-9, PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X7)
Wedges: Tour Preferred EF (Tour Grind) 47*, 52* & 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Spider IB
Ball: Tour Preferred X
Footwear: adidas Golf adipower Boost Footwear
Apparel: adidas Golf Climalite 3-stripe pant & adidas Golf Climachill heather solid polo
Glove: Tour Preferred
Hat: TaylorMade New Era Tour 39Thirty hat