Jason Day Wins 2015 PGA Championship with R15 Driver, RSi TP Irons, Tour Preferred EF Wedges and adidas Golf Apparel & Footwear
Day’s First Major Championship Projected to Lift Him to Third in Official World Golf Ranking
In Day’s 2015 PGA Championship-Winning Bag:
Driver: R15 460 10.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70x)
Fairway: AeroBurner HL 16.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80x)
Irons: RSi TP 3-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X7)
Wedges: Tour Preferred EF (Tour Grind) 47*, 52* & 60* (True Temper Dynamic Gold S400)
Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Spider IB
Ball: Tour Preferred X
Footwear: adidas Golf adipower Boost
Apparel: adidas Golf Climachill Gradient 3-Stripes, adidas Golf Climacool Stretch Ventilation
Glove: Tour Preferred
Headwear: TaylorMade New Era Tour 39Thirty
What You Need To Know:
· Day’s win is the seventeenth for TaylorMade drivers in the full calendar ‘14-15 PGA TOUR season. Jason plays his R15 460 driver at 10.5* (set to lower) with a Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70x shaft. He has his weights centered for maximum distance, and averaged over 305 yards off the tee during the tournament.
· With 57 drivers in play (36.3% of the field), TaylorMade was the #1 driver brand at the PGA Championship for the 15th consecutive year.*
· Day’s victory is the fifth for TaylorMade’s Tour Preferred EF wedge. He recently switched to a 47*, 52* & 60* combination in the Tour Grind after previously playing the ATV Grind. He also carries a 47* RSi TP PW, which is de-lofted 2.5-3 degrees; all of Day’s RSi irons are also bent strong.
· After playing the RSi 2 into the season’s first major, Day switched into the RSi TP irons, which he currently has shafted with True Temper’s Dynamic Gold X7 shafts.
· Day’s win secures a third consecutive top-10 finish in this season’s majors: U.S. Open: T9, Open Championship: T4.
· Day plays the Tour Preferred X golf ball with the number 87 (the year he was born) and a kangaroo stamp paying homage to his Australian roots.
· Day wears adidas Golf’s adipower Boost footwear, the first golf shoe with the cushioning, responsiveness and energy return of Boost™ foam technology.
· Jason also wears adidas Golf apparel from head to toe, utilising climachill technology to remain cool throughout the week.
* Based on 2015 and 2001-2015 usage at The PGA Championship as reported by Darrell Survey Co.
For more information on TaylorMade Golf please visit: www.taylormadegolf.com
For more information on adidas Golf apparel & footwear please visit: www.adidas.com