Win is first Worldwide for M1 Driver, Which Was #1 Model Played at Conway Farms Just One Week After Official Launch
What You Need To Know:
· Day’s win is the first for TaylorMade’s new M1 driver and nineteenth for TaylorMade drivers in the full calendar ‘14-15 PGA TOUR season. Jason recently switched into the 10.5* M1 460 Driver with a Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70x shaft tipped 1’’; the same shaft he played in his R15 driver earlier this season.
· With his win, Day jumps to #1 in the Official World Golf Rankings for the first time in his career and takes a commanding points lead into next week’s Tour Championship.
· Day’s victory is the seventh for TaylorMade’s Tour Preferred EF wedges. This week, he switched to a 47*, 52* & 58* combination (Tour Grind: 47*, ATV Grind: 52* & 58*).
· Day plays the RSi TP irons, which he currently has shafted with True Temper’s Dynamic Gold X7 shafts. Also of note, he carries a 47* RSi TP PW, which is de-lofted 2.5-3 degrees; Day has all of his irons bent strong.
· Day plays the Tour Preferred X golf ball with the number 87 (the year he was born) and a kangaroo stamp paying homage to his Australian roots.
In Day’s BMW Championship Bag:
Driver: M1 10.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70x)
Fairway: AeroBurner HL 16.5* (plays to 14.5*) (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80x)
Utility Iron: RSi 2 Iron – 2 (17*) (True Temper Dynamic Gold X7)
Irons: RSi TP Irons – 4-9, PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X7)
Wedges: Tour Preferred EF 47* (Tour Grind), 52* & 58* (ATV Grind) (True Temper Dynamic Gold S400)
Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Spider IB Black Prototype
Ball: Tour Preferred X
Footwear: adidas Golf adipower Boost
Apparel: adidas Golf Climachill Heather Block Polo / adidas Golf puremotion flat front pant
Glove: Tour Preferred
Headwear: TaylorMade New Era Tour 39Thirty